Associate Director, End User Services
Location: Watertown, MA
About the role
As the Associate Director, End User Services (EUS) you will be leading a team that is responsible for providing exceptional support for Treeline employees. You will be responsible for a variety of tasks including, on/offboarding, helpdesk oversight (ticket hygiene, driving aged tickets to resolution, escalations) and improvement (writing knowledgebase & standard operating procedures and enhancing our overall ITSM configuration). The ideal candidate will be comfortable working at all organizational levels on both planned tasks and unexpected challenges. To achieve this, you must be an excellent communicator, able to multi-task and work independently as well as on collaborative projects.
You will also provide hands-on user support at our Watertown location. You therefore will have a proven track record for providing Tier 2 support. You will manage multiple Desktop Support Engineers (in MA & CA) as direct reports and form a close operational partnership with our IT Managed Service Provider (MSP). You will also collaborate with our Cloud Infrastructure team and our Cloud and Network focused MSPs.
This critical role reports into our IT group, an inter-disciplinary team which includes EUS, Infrastructure and Governance, Risk & Compliance (GRC) and as with all functions at Treeline are in support of designing new medicines.
The services provided by this team are consumed by everyone at Treeline and is therefore critical we provide a customer focused solutions following our guiding principle of enabling all users through secure and empowering guardrails.
- Manage, prioritize, and collaborate with our IT Managed Service Provider to deliver the highest levels of customer satisfaction.
- Maintain a daily on-site presence at our Watertown, MA location.
- Interact with other teams to ensure the highest level of customer support and customer satisfaction.
- Manage a team of internal Desktop Support Engineers.
- Lead our internal Information Technology Service Management (ITSM) and Asset Management tools.
- Define and manage escalations, incidents, change management and post-incident reviews.
- Think big to fix issues and improve our systems and processes for everyone, not just the immediate task at hand.
- Assist end users with set up and maintenance of business apps typically used in the biotech industry.
- This role includes a hands-on component of assisting end users with troubleshooting, training, and supporting local resources such as Zoom conferences room as required.
- Periodic travel to our other locations in San Diego, CA & Stamford, CT.
- Coordinate with other internal IT specialists to develop and enhance our IT & scientific infrastructure.
- Bachelor’s degree plus 8-10 years of experience. Work experience outside of IT roles is a plus.
- Previous experience of managing a team, preferably a distributed team.
- A track record of taking ownership in issue resolution. No problem is too big or too small.
- Organized and detail orientated.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience working collaboratively on solutions with coworkers/vendors who are both local and remote to you.
- You are curious, creative, and innovative and want to continuously improve our processes.
- You are great at working within a diverse team of technologists, life scientists, data scientists, and engineers, both internal and external, to collaborate and help drive mission-critical projects forward.
- Prior experience in a biotech startup is preferred
Treeline Biosciences is committed to protecting the health and safety of our team. Our company requires all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, including a booster shoot. Proof of vaccination must be provided prior to the first day of employment. As required by applicable law, Treeline will consider requests for Reasonable Accommodations
Notice to Search Firms/Third-Party Recruitment Agencies (Recruiters)
The Human Resources team manages the recruitment and employment process for Treeline Biosciences. To protect the interests of all parties involved, Treeline Biosciences will only accept resumes from a recruiter if an executed search agreement directed to the particular position or positions is in place at the start of the recruitment effort. Unsolicited resumes sent to Treeline Biosciences from recruiters do not constitute any type of relationship between the recruiter and Treeline Biosciences and do not obligate Treeline Biosciences in any way to pay fees should we hire from those resumes. Recruiters are requested not to contact or present candidates directly to our hiring manager or employees.