Senior Research Associate, Drug Discovery Biology
About the role
We are seeking an experienced, enthusiastic and highly motivated cell and molecular biologist to join our team. With a strong background in developing and utilizing cell-based assays, engineering cell lines, and contributing to multidisciplinary drug discovery teams, you will play a critical role in driving Treeline’s portfolio forward. You will also play a key role in the validation and selection of the next generation of oncology targets using cellular and molecular biology, biochemistry, genetics, functional genomics, and other state-of-the-art scientific approaches. You will closely collaborate with other biologists, medicinal and computational chemists, structural biologists, biochemists, biophysicists, and data scientists to test therapeutic hypotheses and enable forward progress of drug discovery programs. Additionally, you will drive advances in technology, infrastructure, and biology to accelerate the path to medicines.
You thrive in a fast-paced multidisciplinary discovery environment requiring scientific curiosity and rigor. With a drive to succeed, you are innovative, detail-oriented, and a critical thinker who effectively collaborates with other team members to tackle difficult scientific challenges and move programs forward.
- Build and execute cell-based assay cascades to support drug discovery campaigns, predictive biomarker assessment, and mechanism of action studies.
- Develop tool assets to advance drug discovery projects by establishing engineered cell lines using a variety of techniques (CRISPR endogenous gene editing, over-expression, knock-down and knock-out).
- Execute a wide variety of cellular and molecular techniques to validate and characterize genetic or small molecule perturbations of targets and downstream pathways, such as CRISPR/RNAi tool design/generation, Western blot, qPCR, ELISA, MSD, immunoprecipitation, luminescence assays, phenotypic assays (e.g. incucyte, CellTiter Glo), and flow cytometry.
- Run (or work with CRO partners to run) SAR assays to rapidly drive the hit-to-lead and lead optimization processes in close collaboration with the chemistry, biochemistry/biophysics, structural biology, and medicine design teams.
- Design and conduct well controlled high-quality scientific experiments to test biological hypotheses.
- Contribute to evaluation and development of new approaches and technologies within the biology group.
- Maintain an electronic lab notebook in compliance with company policies.
- BS or MS in Biology, Cell and Molecular Biology, Biochemistry or related discipline with at least 2 years of industry experience.
- Previous experience in small molecule drug discovery and SAR in a biotech/pharma setting is preferred.
- Knowledge and experience with oncology animal models and in vivo pharmacology is a plus but not required.
- General knowledge of cancer signaling pathways, protein homeostasis, and regulation of gene expression.
- Experience with automation and HTS is preferred.
- Strong written and oral communication skills, excellent interpersonal skills, with demonstrated ability to work collaboratively on cross-functional, multidisciplinary teams.
Treeline Biosciences is committed to protecting the health and safety of our team. Our company requires all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, including a booster shoot. Proof of vaccination must be provided prior to the first day of employment. As required by applicable law, Treeline will consider requests for Reasonable Accommodations.
Notice to Search Firms/Third-Party Recruitment Agencies (Recruiters)
The Human Resources team manages the recruitment and employment process for Treeline Biosciences. To protect the interests of all parties involved, Treeline Biosciences will only accept resumes from a recruiter if an executed search agreement directed to the particular position or positions is in place at the start of the recruitment effort. Unsolicited resumes sent to Treeline Biosciences from recruiters do not constitute any type of relationship between the recruiter and Treeline Biosciences and do not obligate Treeline Biosciences in any way to pay fees should we hire from those resumes. Recruiters are requested not to contact or present candidates directly to our hiring manager or employees.