Research Associate / Senior Research Associate, Biochemistry
About the Role
We are seeking an experienced and enthusiastic biochemist to join our growing team. The successful candidate for the Research Associate / Senior Research Associate, Biochemistry position will have a critical role in supporting Treeline’s drug discovery programs by collaborating closely with a multi-disciplinary team of biology, biophysics, structural biology, computational, and medicinal chemistry scientists to deliver high-quality results and drive small molecule drug discovery. Specifically, you will design and implement biochemical assays to screen and characterize protein-small molecule and protein-protein interactions.
- Assist in the evaluation and development of new biochemical assays for compound testing and mechanism of action studies
- Run biochemical assays to support hit finding, hit-to-lead, and lead optimization campaigns
- Design and conduct high-quality scientific experiments
- Employ biochemical methods enabling mechanistic studies to determine the mode-of-inhibition for promising hits
- Analyze, interpret, and communicate high-quality data to a cross-functional project team
- Maintain an electronic notebook in compliance with company policies
- Help establish the biochemistry group and contribute to building a culture that embraces continuous learning and improvement
- Candidates must have a BS/MS in biochemistry, or a related discipline
- 3-5+ years of industry experience
- Solid understanding of steady-state enzyme kinetics and binding assays
- Experience in a wide array of biochemical assays, both enzymatic and binding, such as FP, TR-FRET, ALPHAScreen, DSF
- Attention to detail and good troubleshooting skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills, excellent interpersonal skills, with demonstrated ability to work collaboratively on multidisciplinary teams
- Previous experience in small molecule drug discovery, specifically biochemical assay development and characterization of small molecule inhibitors and protein-ligand binding interactions in a biotech/pharma setting
- Validation of assays for HTS is beneficial
- Experience in working with challenging proteins
Treeline Biosciences is committed to protecting the health and safety of our team. Our company requires all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, including a booster shoot. Proof of vaccination must be provided prior to the first day of employment. As required by applicable law, Treeline will consider requests for Reasonable Accommodations.
Notice to Search Firms/Third-Party Recruitment Agencies (Recruiters)
The Human Resources team manages the recruitment and employment process for Treeline Biosciences. To protect the interests of all parties involved, Treeline Biosciences will only accept resumes from a recruiter if an executed search agreement directed to the particular position or positions is in place at the start of the recruitment effort. Unsolicited resumes sent to Treeline Biosciences from recruiters do not constitute any type of relationship between the recruiter and Treeline Biosciences and do not obligate Treeline Biosciences in any way to pay fees should we hire from those resumes. Recruiters are requested not to contact or present candidates directly to our hiring manager or employees.