About the role
We are seeking a highly motivated, detail-oriented, proactive, solution-focused Project Manager. The Project Manager will be a key project team member who works collaboratively with scientists across different disciplines to support drug discovery programs as they advance from exploratory phase through to IND filing. The Project Manager will partner with Project Team Leaders to manage timelines, tasks, deliverables, risks, and key decisions. Some project teams may require alignment with external partners, including CRO’s, and will require collaboration and communication skills bridging both project and alliance management. The successful candidate has an understanding of the early drug discovery process, strong interpersonal skills as well as superior communication and organization.
- Helps to guide high performing, cross-functional teams to advance projects
- Sets/adjusts project schedules, assigns tasks on the project to team members and follows up with team members to ensure activities are on track
- Helps to guide the team in making effective decisions when presented with multiple options for how to progress with the project
- Ensures clear coordination and communication within the project team, and across the organization
- Communicates progress and escalates issues to keep project aligned with overall Company goals
- Manages project team meetings, emails project updates, follows up to ensure action items are completed, coordinates with vendors as needed, develops meeting agendas and documents meeting minutes as needed
- Proactively identifies and escalates risks, gaps, and challenges; works with teams to develop solutions to problems
- Able to prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously and responds to issues in a timely manner
We are seeking an exceptional candidate with the following qualifications:
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in a scientific area; advanced degree preferred
- 4-8 years experience in life science industry (biotechnology or pharmaceutical) with demonstrated experience being part of a cross-functional drug discovery project team
- Strong organizational, time management and problem-solving skills
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, with ability to resolve conflict internally and externally across multiple stakeholders
- Demonstrated agility and ability to navigate and be successful in a fast-paced, dynamic work environment
- Team player with excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Demonstrated ability to work proactively with high attention to detail, both independently and collaboratively in a complex team environment
- Self-driven, able to set priorities, drive results and build alignment in a dynamic environment with multiple viewpoints
- Proficiency with project management and office tools such as Project, PowerPoint, Word, Excel, or similar
Treeline Biosciences is committed to protecting the health and safety of our team. Our company requires all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, including a booster shoot. Proof of vaccination must be provided prior to the first day of employment. As required by applicable law, Treeline will consider requests for Reasonable Accommodations.
Notice to Search Firms/Third-Party Recruitment Agencies (Recruiters)
The Human Resources team manages the recruitment and employment process for Treeline Biosciences. To protect the interests of all parties involved, Treeline Biosciences will only accept resumes from a recruiter if an executed search agreement directed to the particular position or positions is in place at the start of the recruitment effort. Unsolicited resumes sent to Treeline Biosciences from recruiters do not constitute any type of relationship between the recruiter and Treeline Biosciences and do not obligate Treeline Biosciences in any way to pay fees should we hire from those resumes. Recruiters are requested not to contact or present candidates directly to our hiring manager or employees.