Staff/Senior Accountant - Job Description
About Treeline Biosciences, Inc.
Treeline Biosciences is a new biotechnology company, founded by an experienced team of biopharmaceutical scientists and executives, committed to developing new medicines against difficult to drug targets in cancer and other life-threatening diseases. We are pursuing a uniquely integrated approach that applies modern and emerging tools in genomics, structural biology, medicinal chemistry, and computation to reduce the time and risks of drug discovery.
Position: Staff/Senior Accountant
Reports To: Manager – Finance & Accounting
Position Summary and Key Duties:
- Perform complex account analyses and reconciliations. Prepare and post journal entries.
- Assist with the accrual process with external vendors and internal business stakeholders.
- Responsible for supporting and overseeing the Accounts Payable team in the purchasing, procurement, and payment processes.
- Assist with development, maintenance, and communication of financial compliance policies, procedures, and internal controls. Develop and document internal control processes and key controls for SOX readiness.
- Support the Manger – Finance & Accounting with implementation of new systems to support the operational efficiency and growth of the company.
- Responsible for assisting with the maintenance of Fixed Asset subledger and set-up and tracking of new Fixed Assets.
- Assist with the review and classification of various Prepaid Expenses.
- Assist with annual audits and pre-audit preparation.
- Ability to collaborate with external parties to ensure a smooth workflow.
- Participate in the Concur Expense and Corporate Credit Card processes. Responsibilities include sending out statements, approving reports as needed, preparing accruals and account reconciliations, and general maintenance.
- Function as a backup in a variety of areas and functions.
Required Qualifications and Background:
- Minimum 2+ years in accounting inside or outside the biotechnology sector.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or Business.
- In progress CPA or CPA license.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office suite (especially Excel).
- Ability to work within a small team in a start-up environment.
- Enthusiastic, positive, self-motivated, and keen to improve processes and overcome inefficiencies.
- Experience working with all levels of management and consulting with key business stakeholders.
- Professional demeanor with strong communication skills both written and oral.
- Ability to multi-task and shift priorities rapidly to meet deadlines. Detail oriented and well organized.
- This position may require light/occasional travel.
- This position has a hybrid work schedule & will require in person attendance in the Stamford, CT office.
Preferred Qualifications and Background:
- Public/Big 4 accounting experience.
- Knowledge of SOX compliance requirements.
- Financial reporting and SEC/publicly traded company experience.
- Experience with ERP systems, such as NetSuite a plus.
Treeline Biosciences is committed to protecting the health and safety of our team. Our company requires all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, including a booster shoot. Proof of vaccination must be provided prior to the first day of employment. As required by applicable law, Treeline will consider requests for Reasonable Accommodations
Notice to Search Firms/Third-Party Recruitment Agencies (Recruiters)
The Human Resources team manages the recruitment and employment process for Treeline Biosciences. To protect the interests of all parties involved, Treeline Biosciences will only accept resumes from a recruiter if an executed search agreement directed to the particular position or positions is in place at the start of the recruitment effort. Unsolicited resumes sent to Treeline Biosciences from recruiters do not constitute any type of relationship between the recruiter and Treeline Biosciences and do not obligate Treeline Biosciences in any way to pay fees should we hire from those resumes. Recruiters are requested not to contact or present candidates directly to our hiring manager or employees.