Director/Senior Director, Biochemistry & Biophysics, San Diego
We are seeking an enthusiastic and highly motivated protein scientist, with expertise in biochemistry and/or biophysics to join our team. More specifically, we are looking for a drug discovery scientist with a substantial background in biochemistry and biophysics assay development and implementation. At Treeline, we aim to tackle challenging drug discovery projects against targets that are unprecedented, and we are looking for this person to provide experience and leadership for innovative assay development and implementation. This role reports directly to Treeline’s CSO.
- Build and lead drug discovery cascades to support hit finding, hit-to-lead, and lead optimization campaigns.
- Leverage multiple cutting-edge technologies to advance drug discovery
- Develop innovative biochemical and biophysics assays for unprecedented targets with novel mechanisms of action.
- Develop mechanistic studies to determine the mode-of-inhibition for promising hits.
- Build, lead and mentor a team of biochemists and biophysicists to drive drug discovery activities
- Collaborate effectively with colleagues throughout Treeline: chemistry, biology, structural biology, and medicine design
- PhD in Biochemistry, Biophysics, or related discipline.
- 8-10+ years of experience in biotech/pharma industry with a track record of innovating biophysical and biochemical assay to drive hit-finding, hit-to-lead, and lead optimization studies.
- Expertise in multiple biochemical/biophysical assay development approaches
- Direct experience in working with and characterizing challenging proteins.
- Experience in building and managing a team of scientists with diverse levels of experience, with a keen desire to grow and develop the careers of team members
- Experience in collaborating and directing out-sourced CRO activities.
Treeline Biosciences is committed to protecting the health and safety of our team. Our company requires all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, including a booster shoot. Proof of vaccination must be provided prior to the first day of employment. As required by applicable law, Treeline will consider requests for Reasonable Accommodations.
Notice to Search Firms/Third-Party Recruitment Agencies (Recruiters)
The Human Resources team manages the recruitment and employment process for Treeline Biosciences. To protect the interests of all parties involved, Treeline Biosciences will only accept resumes from a recruiter if an executed search agreement directed to the particular position or positions is in place at the start of the recruitment effort. Unsolicited resumes sent to Treeline Biosciences from recruiters do not constitute any type of relationship between the recruiter and Treeline Biosciences and do not obligate Treeline Biosciences in any way to pay fees should we hire from those resumes. Recruiters are requested not to contact or present candidates directly to our hiring manager or employees.