Treeline Biosciences was founded by an experienced team of biopharmaceutical scientists and executives committed to developing new medicines against compelling molecular targets in oncology and other deadly diseases that have proven difficult to drug. We are pursuing a uniquely integrated approach that applies emerging scientific tools to tackle these drug discovery projects. We rely on protein structure, biophysics, biochemistry, medicinal chemistry (including degraders) and computational design. Protein Sciences is a core part of all our programs, and we are fully integrated into the drug discovery projects. The team is seeking a Research Associate/Sr. Research Associate to play an integral role supporting early-stage discovery programs by collaborating closely with a cross-functional team of scientists to impact small molecule drug discovery. Specifically, you will design and implement gene-to-protein workflows to deliver high-quality protein for use in SAR enabling assays and structural biology efforts.
- Design, express, and purify protein targets to support structural biology and small molecule drug discovery efforts
- Perform functional and biophysical characterization of proteins using novel and established technical methods
- Run biochemical and/or biophysical assays to support hit finding, hit-to-lead, and lead optimization campaigns
- Analyze, interpret, and document data using an ELN and application specific software tools
- Collaborate across discovery and structural biology, medicine design, and medicinal chemistry teams to drive
- Candidates must have a minimum BS/MS in molecular biology, biochemistry, or a related discipline with 2-4 years of industry experience
- Proven hands-on experience with DNA/RNA isolation and purification, construct design, assembly based cloning methods, and site directed mutagenesis
- Proficiency with prokaryotic and eukaryotic protein expression systems is essential
- Strong candidates should have experience with AKTA instrumentation and a broad range of purification techniques (affinity chromatography, ion exchange, size exclusion, mixed mode)
- Protein characterization techniques, such as SDS-PAGE and Western Blot are required
- Candidates must possess excellent collaborative skills, demonstrate strong analytical and organizational skills, and work effectively under deadlines
- Previous experience in small molecule drug discovery in a biotech or pharma setting
- Familiarity with automated liquid handlers
- Experience in biochemical assays (HTRF, TR-FRET, FP)
- Experience with biophysical techniques (SPR, DSF, DLS)
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to report and present data to colleagues and senior management
Treeline Biosciences is committed to protecting the health and safety of our team. Our company requires all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, including a booster shoot. Proof of vaccination must be provided prior to the first day of employment. As required by applicable law, Treeline will consider requests for Reasonable Accommodations.
Notice to Search Firms/Third-Party Recruitment Agencies (Recruiters)
The Human Resources team manages the recruitment and employment process for Treeline Biosciences. To protect the interests of all parties involved, Treeline Biosciences will only accept resumes from a recruiter if an executed search agreement directed to the particular position or positions is in place at the start of the recruitment effort. Unsolicited resumes sent to Treeline Biosciences from recruiters do not constitute any type of relationship between the recruiter and Treeline Biosciences and do not obligate Treeline Biosciences in any way to pay fees should we hire from those resumes. Recruiters are requested not to contact or present candidates directly to our hiring manager or employees.