About the Role
Treeline is seeking a self-motivated, experienced Compound and Sample Manager to accelerate the progression of Treeline drug discovery projects through managing sample movement across and between Treeline sites and CRO’s, providing rapid, easy access to compounds to support Treeline’s drug discovery efforts. You will partner with individual project teams to create custom processes to optimize and reduce the time needed to test samples. This role will initially be focused on compound management; it is anticipated that this role will evolve to support the management of our biological samples such as proteins, plasmids, and cell lines. This is a great opportunity to build and evolve Treeline’s capabilities and contribute to bringing new therapies to patients in need.
The goal is to provide high quality compound intake and request fulfillment with strong customer focus in a core support area. You will be involved on many projects simultaneously and work cross-functionally with colleagues. Your experience with a variety of automation, analytical software, quality control, sample management, and electronic notebooks will be important to identifying problems early, anticipating challenges, and proactively developing solutions.
- Serve as the point of contact, manage, and coordinate sample management, logistics, and communications with project teams and external partners at the San Diego site.
- Deliver high-quality test samples including assay ready plates to scientists in several disciplines across the organization.
- Deploy automated processes including operation of liquid handling equipment for the fulfillment of plating requests across the discovery research portfolio
- Implement quality control processes to ensure the integrity of our compound archive
- Address issues and discrepancies related to all aspects of compound management (data integrity, compound registration, shipments, etc.) at the San Diego site.
- Support the team on implementing inventory management software for requesting and order fulfillment processes.
- Coordinate all shipments and perform registrations for new compounds from CRO’s.
- BS with experience in Chemistry, Biochemistry or related discipline
- 5+ years experience in sample management and an excellent understanding of underlying processes
- Expertise operating, programming, and troubleshooting various instrumentation including weigh stations, automated compound stores, HPLC/LCMS, liquid handlers, acoustic dispensers, plate handlers, and tube sorters.
- Excellent organizational skills in management of data, problem-solving, decision-making, and internal and external collaborations, are essential.
- Demonstrated ability to provide high level of customer support and professionalism
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively with cross-functional local and global teams in a high-paced environment, meet deadlines, and prioritize work from multiple projects.
- Ability to recognize, articulate and prioritize key issues that arise based on an understanding of objectives so that issues are resolved.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills and interpersonal skills; advanced ability to communicate effectively and concisely with internal team and vendors
- Proven capabilities to think critically and creatively with scientific curiosity and rigor.
Treeline Biosciences is committed to protecting the health and safety of our team. Our company requires all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, including a booster shoot. Proof of vaccination must be provided prior to the first day of employment. As required by applicable law, Treeline will consider requests for Reasonable Accommodations
Notice to Search Firms/Third-Party Recruitment Agencies (Recruiters)
The Human Resources team manages the recruitment and employment process for Treeline Biosciences. To protect the interests of all parties involved, Treeline Biosciences will only accept resumes from a recruiter if an executed search agreement directed to the particular position or positions is in place at the start of the recruitment effort. Unsolicited resumes sent to Treeline Biosciences from recruiters do not constitute any type of relationship between the recruiter and Treeline Biosciences and do not obligate Treeline Biosciences in any way to pay fees should we hire from those resumes. Recruiters are requested not to contact or present candidates directly to our hiring manager or employees.