Associate Director, Technology Services
Location: Watertown, MA
About the role
As the Associate Director, Technology Services you will be responsible for our core IT and End User Support. You will manage multiple Desktop Support Engineers as direct reports and take ownership of our IT Managed Service Providers (MSPs). You will also work closely with our Director, Cloud Infrastructure, and their team of Cloud Infrastructure Engineers and Cloud-focused MSPs.
This role is in Design Technology, part of our Computational Science team, an inter-disciplinary team which includes core IT, as all functions at Treeline Biosciences are in support of designing new medicines.
The services provided by this team are consumed by everyone at Treeline and is therefore critical we provide a customer focused solution following our guiding principle of enabling all users through secure and empowering guardrails.
- Own the relationship with our IT MSPs to ensure timely resolution of requests, procurement, and related tasks.
- Manage a team of internal Desktop Support Engineers.
- Own our internal Information Technology Service Management and Asset Management tools.
- Define and manage escalations, incidents, change management and post-incident reviews.
- Own our core IT SaaS products, such as M365, Okta & Zoom, from an administration and licensing perspective.
- Think big to fix issues and improve our systems for everyone, not just the immediate task at hand.
- This role includes a hands-on component of assisting end users with troubleshooting, training, and supporting local resources such as Zoom conferences room as required.
- Coordinate with other internal IT specialists to develop and enhance our IT & scientific infrastructure.
- Bachelors in an IT-related field such as Computer Science, Mathematics, Computer Engineering or similar plus 8-10 years of experience in similar roles or alternatively 11-13 years of experience in similar roles.
- Previous experience of managing a team, preferably a distributed team.
- A track record of taking ownership in issue resolution. No problem is too big or too small.
- Organized and detail orientated.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience working collaboratively on solutions with coworkers/vendors who are both local and remote to you.
- You are curious, creative, and innovative and want to continuously improve our processes.
- You are great at working within a diverse team of technologists, life scientists, data scientists, and engineers, both internal and external, to collaborate and help drive mission-critical projects forward.
- Prior experience in a biotech startup is preferred.
Treeline Biosciences is committed to protecting the health and safety of our team. Our company requires all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, including a booster shoot. Proof of vaccination must be provided prior to the first day of employment. As required by applicable law, Treeline will consider requests for Reasonable Accommodations.
Notice to Search Firms/Third-Party Recruitment Agencies (Recruiters)
The Human Resources team manages the recruitment and employment process for Treeline Biosciences. To protect the interests of all parties involved, Treeline Biosciences will only accept resumes from a recruiter if an executed search agreement directed to the particular position or positions is in place at the start of the recruitment effort. Unsolicited resumes sent to Treeline Biosciences from recruiters do not constitute any type of relationship between the recruiter and Treeline Biosciences and do not obligate Treeline Biosciences in any way to pay fees should we hire from those resumes. Recruiters are requested not to contact or present candidates directly to our hiring manager or employees.