Research Associate / Senior Research Associate, Structural Biology
About the role
We are seeking a highly motivated protein enthusiast with a passion for characterizing protein-ligand and protein-protein interactions to join our team. This dynamic position will play a role in driving Treeline’s portfolio forward by generating key decision-making data through structural biology, biophysical assays, and protein chemistry. In this project facing role, you will collaborate closely with and learn from Treeline’s medicinal and computational chemists, biologists, biochemists, structural biologists, biophysicists, and data scientists to enable the forward progress of drug discovery programs.
You are self-motivated and thrive in a fast-paced and matrixed drug discovery environment requiring scientific curiosity and rigor coupled with a strong collaborative nature. Armed with a can-do attitude, you understand the scientific question at hand and apply the best techniques to quickly get to an answer. You are a team player and a critical thinker who appreciates multidisciplinary collaborations and tackling scientific challenges to advance projects.
- Establish protein crystallization conditions for small molecule soaks/co-crystallization and solve high resolution crystal structures to drive structure based drug design
- Build a variety of biophysical assays to identify, validate, and characterize small molecule ligand and protein target interactions. Chief aim will be to develop and execute critical direct binding assays (SPR) as primary or orthogonal drug discovery workstreams
- In collaboration with project teams, establish SAR to rapidly drive the hit finding, hit-to-lead, and lead optimization process
- Develop protein expression and purification protocols then work with CROs for larger scale production
- B.S./M.S. degree in structural biology, biophysics, and/or protein chemistry
- 2+ years of experience preferred
- Experience in crystallizing proteins and harvesting crystals for data collection
- Experience in SPR assay development for assessing protein-small molecule and protein-protein interactions
- Additional experience with other biophysical methods (DSF, MST, ITC) is a plus
- Experience transferring protocols to CROs is desired
- Excellent organization and presentation skills that enhance team-based delivery of results
- Ability to work effectively and deliver results within timelines and to collaborate in a multidisciplinary environment
Treeline Biosciences is committed to protecting the health and safety of our team. Our company requires all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, including a booster shoot. Proof of vaccination must be provided prior to the first day of employment. As required by applicable law, Treeline will consider requests for Reasonable Accommodations.
Notice to Search Firms/Third-Party Recruitment Agencies (Recruiters)
The Human Resources team manages the recruitment and employment process for Treeline Biosciences. To protect the interests of all parties involved, Treeline Biosciences will only accept resumes from a recruiter if an executed search agreement directed to the particular position or positions is in place at the start of the recruitment effort. Unsolicited resumes sent to Treeline Biosciences from recruiters do not constitute any type of relationship between the recruiter and Treeline Biosciences and do not obligate Treeline Biosciences in any way to pay fees should we hire from those resumes. Recruiters are requested not to contact or present candidates directly to our hiring manager or employees.