Portfolio, Strategy, and Operations Manager (Manager, AD)
We are seeking a highly motivated, detail-oriented, proactive, solution-focused Portfolio, Strategy and Operations manager to join our team, reporting to the SVP of Portfolio Management and Science Operations. In this role, the candidate will be responsible for improving current processes and coordinating organizational procedures to optimize communication, workflows, resource management, efficiency, and productivity. At the start, the focus of this role will be to support the Medicine Design Department and serve as a member of the Medicine Design Leadership Team. As such the incumbent will collaborate within the Medicine Design group and with the broader community to support strategic alignment of Medicine Design goals and strategic initiatives across the company. The Portfolio, Strategy, and Operations manager will be responsible for streamlining high priority projects and managing timelines and deliverables for projects and initiatives that have a significant impact on the company’s objectives. The successful candidate will have outstanding interpersonal skills, including effective communication, and a track record of bringing organization to complex programs.
- Partner with the SVP of Medicine Design to develop and track progress on goals/objectives, add structure and ensure clear communication within the Medicine Design group as well as across the broader organization.
- Drive, in partnership with SVP of Medicine Design, the strategic planning, implementation, and decision-making through the Medicine Design Leadership Team to ensure that resources are applied in line with strategic priorities
- Work with the SVP of Medicine Design to manage the Medicine Design Leadership Team meetings and related team meetings by setting the agendas, facilitating the meeting (as needed), and ensuring follow through of action items.
- Collaborate with SVP of Medicine Design to review organization, capacity, and capabilities in order to deliver on strategic priorities both in the near- and long-term.
- In collaboration with the Medicine Design Leadership Team, advance the departmental culture of learning to improve scientific and drug hunting expertise among all team members.
- Partner with Medicine Design group leaders to address issues and implement needed changes to ensure the success of projects/initiatives including development of project team structures, external partners, and other operational initiatives.
- Create and maintain dashboard to track progress on scientific project efforts, goals, and initiatives.
- Proactively identify and escalate risks, gaps, and challenges; work with teams to develop solutions to problems
We are seeking an exceptional candidate with the following qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in a scientific discipline required; advanced degree preferred
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in life science industry (biotechnology or pharmaceutical) with demonstrated experience managing or influencing cross-functional project teams
- Preferred experience with software development and/or software project management
- Strong organizational, time management, and problem-solving skills
- Superior interpersonal skills, with ability to resolve conflict internally and externally across multiple stakeholders
- Proven ability to work proactively with high attention to detail, both independently and collaboratively in a complex team environment
- Able to set priorities, drive results and build alignment in a dynamic environment with multiple viewpoints
- Understanding of and proficiency with portfolio analytics and management tools, partnered with understanding of drug discovery and development
- Demonstrated ability to navigate and be successful in a fast-paced, dynamic work environment
- Excellent written, analytical, and communication skills; ability translate data and science to a broad audience
Treeline Biosciences is committed to protecting the health and safety of our team. Our company requires all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, including a booster shoot. Proof of vaccination must be provided prior to the first day of employment. As required by applicable law, Treeline will consider requests for Reasonable Accommodations.
Notice to Search Firms/Third-Party Recruitment Agencies (Recruiters)
The Human Resources team manages the recruitment and employment process for Treeline Biosciences. To protect the interests of all parties involved, Treeline Biosciences will only accept resumes from a recruiter if an executed search agreement directed to the particular position or positions is in place at the start of the recruitment effort. Unsolicited resumes sent to Treeline Biosciences from recruiters do not constitute any type of relationship between the recruiter and Treeline Biosciences and do not obligate Treeline Biosciences in any way to pay fees should we hire from those resumes. Recruiters are requested not to contact or present candidates directly to our hiring manager or employees.