Cloud Infrastructure Engineer
Location: Any office, San Diego, CA; Watertown, MA; Remote
About the role
We are seeking a thoughtful and enthusiastic cloud engineer with an interest in scientific computing to join our team. As a fast-growing research and commercial organization, we have chosen a cloud-first approach for many of our general IT and business operations needs, as well as for the varying needs of our drug discovery projects, including research data systems, molecular simulations, cheminformatics, bioinformatics and all manner of other computational science needs. As a Cloud Infrastructure Engineer, you will work collaboratively with our internal teams as an AWS subject matter expert to convert research and business requirements into cloud system designs and implementations that are secure, scalable, resilient and maintainable. This includes both scientific computing needs as well as general and administrative business needs. Your expertise in system design, development and operations will be critical to guide the broader development of our in-house cloud applications, as well as critical build vs. buy decisions for our infrastructure. You will also collaborate with members of our computational design team to streamline software and data pipelines to reduce time-to-answer in core research questions.
- Design and develop cloud infrastructure to support drug discovery projects, core IT services and other necessary business functions
- Contribute to other internal software development efforts where appropriate, such as systems integrations, data pipelines, APIs, CI/CD pipelines & HPC
- Empower and enable other software engineers, computational scientists and others in the organization to fully leverage our cloud infrastructure
- Contribute improvements to our processes for managing scientific computing and IT systems, via opportunistic collaboration and use of software tools.
- Collaborate with external managed service providers to accomplish project and infrastructure goals
- 4+ years of experience supporting cloud infrastructure deployments, or 2+ years if holding a degree in Math, CS or related. At least 1 year experience in AWS required.
- Programming experience in at least one scripting language such as Python, Perl, Ruby, Bash, etc. Python experience preferred. Additional development experience a plus.
- Conversant in foundational components of IT infrastructure, such as networking, system administration, identity and access management, web services and databases.
- Experience working with tools to build cloud infrastructure as code, such as CloudFormation or Terraform.
- Familiarity with Linux container technology (such as Docker) and methods for packaging and deploying containerized applications.
- Familiarity with tools to automate building, testing and deployment of software applications, such as Gitlab, Jenkins, CircleCI etc. Knowledge of best practices for these tools, including automated testing, Continuous Integration (CI) and Continuous Deployment (CD)
- Organized and detail orientated
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience working collaboratively on solutions with coworkers/vendors who are both local and remote to you
- Degree in Math, Computer Science, or related
- Previous experience in life sciences, biotech or other science-based organizations
- AWS Certification(s) and/or extensive experience in cloud-native development with AWS services such Lambda, SQS, ECS, EKS or AWS Batch.
- Deep technical experience in a specific area of software or systems, such as HPC, Linux, Databases, Container Orchestration or Python.
Treeline Biosciences is committed to protecting the health and safety of our team. Our company requires all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, including a booster shoot. Proof of vaccination must be provided prior to the first day of employment. As required by applicable law, Treeline will consider requests for Reasonable Accommodations.
Notice to Search Firms/Third-Party Recruitment Agencies (Recruiters)
The Human Resources team manages the recruitment and employment process for Treeline Biosciences. To protect the interests of all parties involved, Treeline Biosciences will only accept resumes from a recruiter if an executed search agreement directed to the particular position or positions is in place at the start of the recruitment effort. Unsolicited resumes sent to Treeline Biosciences from recruiters do not constitute any type of relationship between the recruiter and Treeline Biosciences and do not obligate Treeline Biosciences in any way to pay fees should we hire from those resumes. Recruiters are requested not to contact or present candidates directly to our hiring manager or employees.