Senior Scientist, Biophysics-NMR
We are seeking an exceptional scientist with the following qualifications:
- As a member of the Molecular Sciences group, lead NMR efforts to identify, validate, and fully characterize small molecule ligands and novel protein targets.
- Using external resources, collect, process, and analyze NMR spectra of protein/ligand complexes with optimized sample and experimental parameters for the purposes of ligand binding detection, affinity determination or 3-D structure determination.
- In collaboration with chemistry, computational, and biology teams, establish SAR to rapidly drive the hit finding, hit-to-lead, and lead optimization process.
- Deliver data, contribute to critical data evaluation, and provide strong discipline leadership to project teams.
- In collaboration with protein sciences, biochemistry & structural biology implement diverse screening strategies to identify unique chemistry optimization opportunities.
- D. in protein NMR, protein design or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years of biotech/pharma industry experience with a track record of using NMR techniques for protein characterization, hit-finding, or hit-to-lead activities.
- Extensive knowledge of protein/ligand NMR techniques including all aspects of construct design, isotope labelled protein generation, data acquisition, spectral analysis, and computing structures from NMR spectroscopic parameters.
- Experience using NMR to assess protein dynamics is a plus.
- General knowledge of signaling pathways, protein homeostasis, and regulation of gene expression in a diverse disease context.
- Excellent presentation skills (written and oral) that enhance team-based delivery of results.
- Ability to work independently and effectively within timelines and to collaborate in a multidisciplinary environment.
- Skills in managing multiple projects and capability to prioritize.
- Experience working with NMR CROs is a plus.
Notice to Search Firms/Third-Party Recruitment Agencies (Recruiters)
The Human Resources team manages the recruitment and employment process for Treeline Biosciences. To protect the interests of all parties involved, Treeline Biosciences will only accept resumes from a recruiter if an executed search agreement directed to the particular position or positions is in place at the start of the recruitment effort. Unsolicited resumes sent to Treeline Biosciences from recruiters do not constitute any type of relationship between the recruiter and Treeline Biosciences and do not obligate Treeline Biosciences in any way to pay fees should we hire from those resumes. Recruiters are requested not to contact or present candidates directly to our hiring manager or employees.