About the role
We are looking for an innovative, collaborative, and entrepreneurial scientific leader to join our research team. As an Associate Director in medicinal chemistry, you will work as part of a dynamic multi-disciplinary team composed of medicinal chemists, computational chemists, biologists, and structural biologists focused on discovering therapeutics of transformational efficacy potential (primarily in areas of oncology of unmet medical needs). You will also contribute to build the company’s medicinal chemistry team for the Watertown site.
- Deliver chemical equity (from tool compounds to clinical candidates) in support of portfolio needs.
- Design and synthesize compounds tailored to project needs and strive to identify clinical candidates of transformational efficacy potential and with profile conducive to safe dose escalation in the clinic.
- Contribute to build a med chem team with highest scientific standards. Mentor and grow the scientific leadership of junior team members.
- Act as the med chem point of contact and subject matter expert on project teams and contribute to articulate and shape the project strategy. Be the research project leader for some programs.
- Ensure and promote scientific excellence for medicinal chemistry; rational, effective, and efficient med. chem. strategy in place for each program to support rapid project progression.
- PhD in chemistry
- 8 years minimum of experience in biotech/pharmaceutical industry.
- Excellent business acumen and scientific leadership demonstrated by track record of portfolio delivery on multiple dimensions (e.g., hit ID, lead development, clinical candidate identification).
- Proven expertise in structure- and property-based drug design. Experience with successfully optimizing ADME and solid form properties of lead compounds.
- Expertise in synthetic organic chemistry and all laboratory techniques.
- Experience in leading, growing, and developing a team of scientists.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills required. Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively and influence a multidisciplinary team.
- Ph.D. in organic or organometallic chemistry preferred
- Experience with driving rapid SAR studies through Parallel Medicinal Chemistry is a plus.
- Experience in working collaboratively with process chemists are also a plus.
Notice to Search Firms/Third-Party Recruitment Agencies (Recruiters)
The Human Resources team manages the recruitment and employment process for Treeline Biosciences. To protect the interests of all parties involved, Treeline Biosciences will only accept resumes from a recruiter if an executed search agreement directed to the particular position or positions is in place at the start of the recruitment effort. Unsolicited resumes sent to Treeline Biosciences from recruiters do not constitute any type of relationship between the recruiter and Treeline Biosciences and do not obligate Treeline Biosciences in any way to pay fees should we hire from those resumes. Recruiters are requested not to contact or present candidates directly to our hiring manager or employees.