Associate Director/Director, Drug Discovery Biology
We are seeking an experienced, enthusiastic, and highly motivated cell and molecular biologist join our team. Your experience in leading biology efforts on drug discovery teams will be critical in driving Treeline’s portfolio forward. You will play a key role in the selection and validation of the next generation of oncology targets using cellular and molecular biology, biochemistry, genetics, functional genomics, and various state-of-the-art scientific approaches. As a drug discovery biology project leader, you will closely collaborate with other biologists, medicinal and computational chemists, structural biologists, biochemists, biophysicists, and data scientists to test therapeutic hypotheses and enable forward progress of drug discovery programs. You will have deep domain knowledge of oncology therapeutic development. Additionally, you will drive advances in technology, infrastructure, and biology to accelerate the path to medicines.
- Provide drug discovery biology leadership to project teams.
- Develop and lead drug discovery cascades to support drug discovery campaigns and mechanism of action studies.
- Recruit and manage a team of scientists to execute a wide variety of cellular and molecular techniques to validate and characterize genetic or small molecule perturbations of targets and downstream pathways, including CRISPR/RNAi tool design/generation, Western blot, qPCR, ELISA, MSD, immunoprecipitation, luminescence assays, phenotypic assays, and flow cytometry.
- Establish and prosecute SAR assays to rapidly drive the hit-to-lead and lead optimization processes in close collaboration with the chemistry, biochemistry/biophysics, structural biology, and medicine design teams.
- As a senior leader in R&D, contribute to target selection, validation activities, and portfolio strategy discussions
- PhD in Life Sciences with 8-10+ years of experience in biotech/pharma industry
- Successful track record of being part of a multidisciplinary team across different scientific areas (e.g. computational science, protein structure, medicinal chemistry, biochemistry, etc.)
- Experience with leading biology efforts for small molecule drug discovery programs: advancing programs from target validation to screening/hit finding to lead optimization and advancing candidates to the clinic. Additional experience in preclinical development and supporting IND-enabling studies is a plus.
- Demonstrated experience in innovating new ideas and concepts, inspiring and motivating a team, taking initiative and solving problems
- Experience with systematic discovery approaches (e.g. functional genomics, computational biology, chemical biology)
- Experience in building and managing a team of scientists with diverse levels of experience, with a keen desire to grow and develop the careers of team members
- Strong written and oral communication skills, excellent interpersonal skills, with demonstrated ability to work collaboratively on multidisciplinary teams
- Experience in collaborating and directed out-sourced CRO activities.
- High level of ownership and dependability with strong written and oral communication skills
Notice to Search Firms/Third-Party Recruitment Agencies (Recruiters)
The Human Resources team manages the recruitment and employment process for Treeline Biosciences. To protect the interests of all parties involved, Treeline Biosciences will only accept resumes from a recruiter if an executed search agreement directed to the particular position or positions is in place at the start of the recruitment effort. Unsolicited resumes sent to Treeline Biosciences from recruiters do not constitute any type of relationship between the recruiter and Treeline Biosciences and do not obligate Treeline Biosciences in any way to pay fees should we hire from those resumes. Recruiters are requested not to contact or present candidates directly to our hiring manager or employees.