Scientist / Senior Scientist, Biochemistry
About the Role
We are seeking an experienced and enthusiastic biochemist to join our growing team. The successful candidate for the Scientist / Senior Scientist, Biochemistry position will have a critical role in supporting Treeline’s drug discovery programs by collaborating closely with a multi-disciplinary team of biology, biophysics, structural biology, computational, and medicinal chemistry scientists to deliver high-quality results and drive small molecule drug discovery. Specifically, you will propose, design, and implement new biochemical assays to screen and characterize protein-small molecule and protein-protein interactions.
- Propose, design, and implement biochemical assays for compounds testing and mechanism of action studies
- Lead from the bench to propose and develop new assays and drive hit-to-lead and lead optimization experiments, collaborating with a cross-functional project team
- Design and conduct high-quality scientific experiments
- Employ biochemical methods enabling mechanistic studies to determine the mode-of-inhibition for promising hits
- Analyze, interpret, and communicate high-quality data to a cross-functional project team
- Propose and evaluate new approaches and technologies
- Maintain an electronic notebook in compliance with company policies
- Help establish the biochemistry group and contribute to building a culture that embraces continuous learning and improvement
- Candidates must have a PhD in biochemistry, or related discipline with 1-3 years of industry experience, or a BS/MS in biochemistry, or a related discipline with 8+ years relevant industry experience
- Strong knowledge and understanding of steady-state enzyme kinetics and binding assays
- Previous experience in small molecule drug discovery, specifically biochemical assay development and characterization of small molecule inhibitors and protein-ligand binding interactions
- Experience in a wide array of biochemical assays, both enzymatic and binding, such as FP, TR-FRET, ALPHAScreen, DSF.
- Attention to detail and good troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills, excellent interpersonal skills, with demonstrated ability to work collaboratively on multidisciplinary teams
- Experience studying covalent compounds, fragment-based screening, and DEL a plus
- Knowledge of automation and validation of assays for HTS is beneficial
- Experience in working with challenging proteins
- General knowledge of signaling pathways, protein homeostasis, and regulation of gene expression beneficial
Notice to Search Firms/Third-Party Recruitment Agencies (Recruiters)
The Human Resources team manages the recruitment and employment process for Treeline Biosciences. To protect the interests of all parties involved, Treeline Biosciences will only accept resumes from a recruiter if an executed search agreement directed to the particular position or positions is in place at the start of the recruitment effort. Unsolicited resumes sent to Treeline Biosciences from recruiters do not constitute any type of relationship between the recruiter and Treeline Biosciences and do not obligate Treeline Biosciences in any way to pay fees should we hire from those resumes. Recruiters are requested not to contact or present candidates directly to our hiring manager or employees.