Head of Human Resources
Reporting to the SVP, Portfolio and Science Operations, the Director/Sr Director, Human Resources will have responsibility for leading the Company’s Human Resources strategy and operations. This individual will serve as a partner to the executive leadership team and will have the key role in the strategic direction, management and tactical “roll-out” of all aspects of HR for this rapidly growing company. He/She will be expected to quickly learn the ethos of the culture and then develop, secure agreement to, and implement HR plans, programs, and policies to create the value proposition for attracting, building and retaining talent.
In this newly established role, the Director/Sr Director of Human Resources will have overall responsibility for developing and championing: all HR systems; organizational design and development initiatives; performance management and assessment; employee training, mentoring and development; compensation and benefits, and human resources compliance. The individual will build an HR function that is reflective of innovation, teamwork, collaboration, transparency, productivity, goal attainment, empowerment and a shared purpose.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Establish the Human Resources function and build a strategy to create a “best practices” HR organization.
- Provide counsel to the executive leadership team on the full scope of human resources activity. Be able to engage in meaningful discussions about the R&D, financial and operational aspects of the business.
- Mentor and provide guidance to front line managers, support growth and development of the team
- Establish employee retention tools and performance measurement systems that support the Company’s interest in rewarding, developing and retaining top talent.
- Set the Talent Agenda for the corporation which includes employment, staffing, succession planning, development, and leveraging talent at every level throughout the corporation.
- Ensure alignment with culture and strategic initiatives across their multi-location employee organization.
The ideal candidate will have 7 or more years of human resources experience as a partner to the leadership team of an innovative company. It is essential that the successful candidate come from a fast paced, entrepreneurial environment, with an ability to prioritize work. While industry experience is not required, there is a preference for life sciences HR experience. Certification in HR practices also desirable.
He/She/They will have prior successful experience building diverse organizations and putting in place HR systems and procedures that are efficient, yet thorough.
He/She/They will be based out of the Watertown, MA location. Occasional travel to our sites in Stamford, CT and San Diego, CA will be expected.
Notice to Search Firms/Third-Party Recruitment Agencies (Recruiters)
The Human Resources team manages the recruitment and employment process for Treeline Biosciences. To protect the interests of all parties involved, Treeline Biosciences will only accept resumes from a recruiter if an executed search agreement directed to the particular position or positions is in place at the start of the recruitment effort. Unsolicited resumes sent to Treeline Biosciences from recruiters do not constitute any type of relationship between the recruiter and Treeline Biosciences and do not obligate Treeline Biosciences in any way to pay fees should we hire from those resumes. Recruiters are requested not to contact or present candidates directly to our hiring manager or employees.