About the role
We are seeking an enthusiastic and highly motivated Senior Scientist/ Principal Scientist Structural Biology to build our team. With a strong background in structure-based drug design, and a track record of contributing to multidisciplinary drug discovery teams, this position will play a critical role in driving Treeline’s portfolio forward.
- As a foundation member of a new team, build and implement a structural biology platform to support the interrogation of our next generation targets.
- As a member of the Molecular Sciences group, lead structural biology efforts to identify, validate, and fully characterize small molecule ligands and novel protein targets.
- In collaboration with chemistry, computational, and biology teams, establish SAR to rapidly drive the hit finding, hit-to-lead, and lead optimization process.
- Deliver data, contribute to critical data evaluation, and provide strong discipline leadership to project teams.
- In collaboration with protein sciences, biochemistry & biophysics implement diverse screening strategies to identify unique chemistry optimization opportunities.
- Ph.D. in protein X-ray crystallography, protein NMR or cryo-EM, protein design or equivalent experience.
- 3+ years of biotech/pharma industry experience with a track record of hit-finding, hit-to-lead, and lead optimization towards delivering small molecule development candidates is a plus.
- Extensive knowledge of state-of-the-art protein structural biology techniques including all aspects of construct design, expression, purification, characterization, crystallization, structure determination and analysis.
- Experience in single particle cryo-EM workflow including grid freezing and screening, data collection and processing, three-dimensional reconstruction and model building.
- General knowledge of signaling pathways, protein homeostasis, and regulation of gene expression in a diverse disease context.
- Excellent presentation skills (written and oral) that enhance team-based delivery of results.
- Ability to work independently and effectively within timelines and to collaborate in a multidisciplinary environment.
- Skills in managing multiple projects and capability to prioritize.
- Experience working with structural biology CROs.
Notice to Search Firms/Third-Party Recruitment Agencies (Recruiters)
The Human Resources team manages the recruitment and employment process for Treeline Biosciences. To protect the interests of all parties involved, Treeline Biosciences will only accept resumes from a recruiter if an executed search agreement directed to the particular position or positions is in place at the start of the recruitment effort. Unsolicited resumes sent to Treeline Biosciences from recruiters do not constitute any type of relationship between the recruiter and Treeline Biosciences and do not obligate Treeline Biosciences in any way to pay fees should we hire from those resumes. Recruiters are requested not to contact or present candidates directly to our hiring manager or employees.