About Treeline Biosciences
Treeline Biosciences is a new biotechnology company, founded by an experienced team of biopharmaceutical scientists and executives, committed to developing new medicines against difficult to drug targets in cancer and other life-threatening diseases. We are pursuing a uniquely integrated approach that applies modern and emerging tools in genomics, structural biology, medicinal chemistry, and computation to reduce the time and risks of drug discovery.
You thrive in a fast-paced and matrixed discovery environment requiring scientific curiosity and rigor. With a drive to succeed, you are creative, diligent and meticulous in approaching difficult scientific challenges and collaborate across multiple disciplines to move programs forward. You have an eagerness to take on responsibilities outside of traditional medicinal chemistry roles to establish a new company.
About the role
The Sr. Research Associate of Medicinal Chemistry is primarily responsible for designing and executing the synthesis of small molecules as potential oncology therapeutics. A demonstrated success of organic synthesis execution and expertise is required. The researcher will also evaluate the structure activity relationships of evolving chemical matter in order to optimize the potency, pharmacokinetics, safety, and in vivo efficacy of potential small molecule oncology drugs.
- Synthesize and characterize high quality intermediate and bioactive compounds in a timely manner
- Design and improve synthetic routes to support SAR studies
- Link scientific strategy with specific objectives in novel areas that will lead to fundamental insights or new discoveries
- Accountable for increasingly complex experiments and key contributor to the success of drug discovery projects
- Bring ideas from a concept or question to a decision in experimental design, based on previous observations
- Promote an overall group culture of agility, pro-action, collaboration, and innovation
- A BS/MS with 0-8 years medicinal chemistry experience
- Strong skills and a proven track record in synthetic organic chemistry, compound purification, and structural characterization
- Skilled at searching the literature with the ability to design and improve synthetic routes
- Highly motivated, creative, and able to maintain excellent documentation of their work with knowledge of cutting-edge medicinal chemistry and synthetic techniques
- Strong computer skills, including SciFinder, Chemdraw, and related software
- Able to collaborate proficiently and communicate effectively with colleagues and management in a multidisciplinary team
Notice to Search Firms/Third-Party Recruitment Agencies (Recruiters)
The Human Resources team manages the recruitment and employment process for Treeline Biosciences. To protect the interests of all parties involved, Treeline Biosciences will only accept resumes from a recruiter if an executed search agreement directed to the particular position or positions is in place at the start of the recruitment effort. Unsolicited resumes sent to Treeline Biosciences from recruiters do not constitute any type of relationship between the recruiter and Treeline Biosciences and do not obligate Treeline Biosciences in any way to pay fees should we hire from those resumes. Recruiters are requested not to contact or present candidates directly to our hiring manager or employees.