About the role
We are seeking an enthusiastic and highly motivated Senior Director/Director of Biophysics to join our team. With a strong background in biophysics assay development, implementation, and a track record of contributing to multidisciplinary drug discovery teams, this position will play a critical role in driving Treeline’s portfolio forward.
- Build and lead hit-finding and drug discovery cascades to support hit identification, hit-to-lead, and lead optimization campaigns.
- Develop research solutions, design and implement new techniques and strategies to study protein binding interactions.
- Employ biophysical methods enabling mechanistic studies to determine the mode-of-inhibition for promising hits.
- In collaboration with chemistry, biology, structural biology, and medicine design, characterize and establish SAR to rapidly drive the hit-to-lead process.
- Build and lead a team of biophysicists to support portfolio activities.
- Provide biophysics leadership to project teams.
- PhD in Biophysics, Biochemistry or related discipline.
- 5-10+ years of experience in biotech/pharma industry with a track record of hit-finding, hit-to-lead, and lead optimization to delivering small molecule development candidates.
- An explicit track record of impacting all stages of the drug discovery process through biophysical experimental design and results.
- Experience in a wide array of biophysical assay development approaches, including NMR, SPR, BLI, ITC, DSF, MST, Mass Spec etc. Fragment, covalent and DEL screening a plus.
- General knowledge of signaling pathways, protein homeostasis, and regulation of gene expression.
- Direct experience in working with and characterizing challenging proteins.
- Experience in collaborating and directing out-sourced CRO activities.
- Strong written and oral communication skills, excellent interpersonal skills, with demonstrated ability to work collaboratively on multidisciplinary teams.
- Experience in building and managing a team of scientists with diverse levels of experience, with a keen desire to grow and develop the careers of team members.
Notice to Search Firms/Third-Party Recruitment Agencies (Recruiters)
The Human Resources team manages the recruitment and employment process for Treeline Biosciences. To protect the interests of all parties involved, Treeline Biosciences will only accept resumes from a recruiter if an executed search agreement directed to the particular position or positions is in place at the start of the recruitment effort. Unsolicited resumes sent to Treeline Biosciences from recruiters do not constitute any type of relationship between the recruiter and Treeline Biosciences and do not obligate Treeline Biosciences in any way to pay fees should we hire from those resumes. Recruiters are requested not to contact or present candidates directly to our hiring manager or employees.