About the role
As a Scientific Computing Engineer, you will play a key role in bringing the vision of an integrated scientific platform to Treeline Biosciences. You will work to integrate laboratory sciences, biology, chemistry, structural biology, computation into a single platform to drive critical research decisions. You will closely collaborate with scientists from all disciplines to streamline data pipelines to reduce time-to-answer in core research questions. Additionally, you will drive advances in technology and infrastructure to accelerate the design of medicines.
Watertown, MA; San Diego, CA; Remote, depending on seniority.
- Design and develop robust data pipelines and software tools across the sciences.
- Manage research software platforms: ELN, LIMS, Cloud-based HPC, and desktop application customizations.
- Support the migration and integration of data and code into our cloud-based platform.
- Write state-of-the-art scientific software tools for drug discovery, mainly in Python.
- Work as a team member to troubleshoot and solve informatics issues.
- Contribute to the Scientific Software team infrastructure.
- Bachelors or equivalent experience in Computer or Information Science.
- 2-5 years industry experience in computation, data science or related area preferred.
- Strong scientific understanding of either molecular biology, chemistry, or physics; experimental background or experience in organic synthesis, analytical chemistry, or biochemical assays a plus.
- Software tools: Python, conda, pip, git, pandas, flask, AWS, DevOps
- Experience with scientific Python software such as: chemistry toolkits (OEChem/RDKit); bioinformatics toolkits (Biopython); numpy/scipy/sklearn.
- Hands on experience with data aggregation, manipulation, integration, mining, and analysis.
- Ability to dig deeply through various data types; demonstrated experience in pinpointing resolving incongruities between tools/frameworks.
- Proficient in data visualization.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including an ability to explain complex ideas to computational scientists, experimentalists, and clinicians.
- Capable of establishing strong working relationships across a distributed organization.
Notice to Search Firms/Third-Party Recruitment Agencies (Recruiters)
The Human Resources team manages the recruitment and employment process for Treeline Biosciences. To protect the interests of all parties involved, Treeline Biosciences will only accept resumes from a recruiter if an executed search agreement directed to the particular position or positions is in place at the start of the recruitment effort. Unsolicited resumes sent to Treeline Biosciences from recruiters do not constitute any type of relationship between the recruiter and Treeline Biosciences and do not obligate Treeline Biosciences in any way to pay fees should we hire from those resumes. Recruiters are requested not to contact or present candidates directly to our hiring manager or employees.