About the role
The successful candidate for the Research Associate / Senior Research Associate, Protein Biochemistry role will have a critical role in supporting Treeline’s drug discovery programs by collaborating closely with a cross-functional team of biology, structural biology, computational, and medicinal chemistry scientists to deliver high-quality results and impact small molecule drug discovery. Specifically, you will design and implement key biophysical and biochemical assays to screen and characterize protein-small molecule and protein-protein interactions.
- Design and clone protein constructs to support structural biology and small molecule drug discovery efforts.
- Expression and purification of protein targets to support structural biology and small molecule drug discovery efforts.
- Perform functional and biophysical characterization of proteins using novel and established technical methods.
- Analyze, interpret, and document data using an ELN and application specific software tools.
- Explore and evaluate new technologies related to Protein Science.
- Collaborate with a cross-functional biology, structural and computational biology, and medicinal chemistry team to deliver high-quality results and impact small molecule drug discovery.
- Candidates must have a BS/MS in molecular biology, biochemistry, or a related discipline with 3-5+ years of industry experience.
- A strong background in molecular biology is essential. Proven hands-on experience with DNA/RNA isolation and purification, construct design, assembly based cloning methods, and site directed mutagenesis is required.
- Proficiency with multiple protein expression platforms is essential. Experience with bacteria, insect cells, and/or mammalian cells (transient and stable) is required. Small scale, high-throughput expression screening through large scale production volumes is preferred.
- A solid foundation of protein purification techniques is essential. Strong candidates should have experience with AKTA instrumentation and a broad range of capture and isolation techniques (affinity chromatography, ion exchange, size exclusion, mixed mode).
- Protein characterization techniques, such as SDS-PAGE and Western Blot are required. Analysis of intact masses by LC/MS is highly advantageous.
- Direct experience with, but not limited to HTRF/TR-FRET, microscale thermophoresis (MST), and thermal shift assays is highly advantageous.
- Candidates must possess excellent collaborative skills, demonstrate strong analytical and organizational skills, and work effectively under deadlines. Excellent communication skills and the ability to report and present data to colleagues and senior management is required.
Notice to Search Firms/Third-Party Recruitment Agencies (Recruiters)
The Human Resources team manages the recruitment and employment process for Treeline Biosciences. To protect the interests of all parties involved, Treeline Biosciences will only accept resumes from a recruiter if an executed search agreement directed to the particular position or positions is in place at the start of the recruitment effort. Unsolicited resumes sent to Treeline Biosciences from recruiters do not constitute any type of relationship between the recruiter and Treeline Biosciences and do not obligate Treeline Biosciences in any way to pay fees should we hire from those resumes. Recruiters are requested not to contact or present candidates directly to our hiring manager or employees.