About the role
As a computational biologist at Treeline, you will play a key role in the validation and selection of the next generation of oncology targets using genetics, functional genomics, and cell biology data integrated using state-of-the art data science approaches. You will closely collaborate with biologists, medicinal chemists, structural biologists, biophysicists, and other data scientists to assess druggability and develop testable biological hypotheses. Additionally, you will develop computational biology strategy, driving advances in technology, infrastructure, bioinformatics, and data science that accelerate the path to medicines.
- Design and develop robust data analysis pipelines and software tools to drive target discovery.
- Analyze and integrate heterogeneous low throughput datasets with high throughput NGS datasets such as RNA-seq, ChIP-seq, proteomics, Whole Genome and Single cell datasets.
- Interrogate public databases such as TCGA, CCLE, ENCODE, Depmap, GTex to infer data for target and biomarker discovery.
- Survey the literature for novel bioinformatics methodology and algorithms, and introduce to the broader team when appropriate.
- Work collaboratively with the Treeline team to apply and enhance computational infrastructure needed to drive our projects forward.
- Continuously develop expertise through literature, conferences, and building relationships with scientific thought leaders.
- Collaborate with multi-disciplinary teams in the design of rigorous preclinical experiments.
- PhD or equivalent in Bioinformatics, Computational Biology, Computer Science, Machine Learning, Artificial Intelligence, , or related quantitative biological fields with 3-10+ years post-PhD experience in the Pharmaceutical/Biotechnology Industry (or MS in one of these fields with 7-12+ years of related experience).
- Strong scientific understanding of molecular biology, cell biology, genomics, genetics, and sequencing.
- Track record using computational biology approaches to drive decision making in pharmaceutically relevant research.
- Extensive experience working with large-scale oncology datasets such as NGS, transcriptomics, and proteomics, including epigenomics data such as ChIP-seq and ATAC-seq.
- Experience working with CRISPR datasets such as whole genome and Perturb-seq data.
- Hands on experience with data aggregation, manipulation, clustering, integration, mining, and analysis.
- Experience applying machine learning to image data analysis.
- Strong scientific curiosity and ability to dig deeply through various data types to gain insights and develop testable hypotheses.
- Extensive knowledge of biology and statistics.
- Extensive experience working in command line interfaces and fluency in scripting programming languages (e.g., Python , R).
- Proficient in data visualization.
- Proven ability to influence across multi-disciplinary teams and interact with external experts in academic institutions as well as CROs.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including an ability to explain complex ideas to computational scientists, experimentalists, and clinicians.
- Capable of establishing strong working relationships across the organization to define and solve problems that will benefit the whole.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and flexibly manage priorities.
- Experience with artificial intelligence and machine learning preferred.
- Experience with biomarker, patient and combination data is a plus.
- Ability to integrate 3-D protein structural information with other data sets is ideal.
Notice to Search Firms/Third-Party Recruitment Agencies (Recruiters)
The Human Resources team manages the recruitment and employment process for Treeline Biosciences. To protect the interests of all parties involved, Treeline Biosciences will only accept resumes from a recruiter if an executed search agreement directed to the particular position or positions is in place at the start of the recruitment effort. Unsolicited resumes sent to Treeline Biosciences from recruiters do not constitute any type of relationship between the recruiter and Treeline Biosciences and do not obligate Treeline Biosciences in any way to pay fees should we hire from those resumes. Recruiters are requested not to contact or present candidates directly to our hiring manager or employees.